Lavender Roasted Potatoes
This simple recipe uses the subtle, herbal goodness of lavender to take roast potatoes up a notch. The potatoes pair beautifully with a roast chicken - in fact, you can vary the oven temperature up to 400 degrees to allow the potatoes to cook while the chicken roasts. If you do that, recipe author Toni Dash suggests checking the potatoes more often to ensure even browning and not overcooking at the higher temperature.
Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 45 minutes - 1 hour Servings 4-6 servings
- 2-2 ½ pounds (about 4 large) thin skinned Potatoes (New, Red, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried culinary-grade Lavender
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes, cut out any bad spots and cut into bite-sized pieces. Do not peel.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil. When coated with the olive oil, add lavender, salt and pepper.
- Spread into a single layer in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring partway through to ensure even browning. Potatoes are done when soft inside to the bite or easy to spear with a fork.