Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
I think moms should be celebrated all year round. As a mom myself, I find that most of us have plenty of "stuff" – and that’s exactly why I love Sunny Window for Mother’s Day gifts. We’ve got lots of beautiful, simple, useful things to give - things that get used and enjoyed and offer well-deserved pampering! Here’s a five ideas to get you started:
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil and a handmade Provencal diffuser - the French way to gently and naturally scent a room. The compact diffuser needs no electricity or heat. Lavender essential oil is especially good to use in bedrooms to promote sleep.
- Soothing Lavender Hand Cream (20% shea butter!) to pamper her hands (great to put on at bedtime to let it work overnight), or rich Moisturizing Foot Cream, with 15% shea butter, plus mint and tea tree essential oils for healthy, sandal-worthy feet.
- A handmade large lavender pillow – perfect for her bed or couch. Helps promote restful sleep and calm (great for new moms and seniors) while enhancing her décor. Can also be custom made in your choice of fabrics.
- Tea & biscuits – take one of our fantastic Harney teas (Mother's Bouquet is a great choice!) and pair it with and a bag of delicious Effie’s Oatcakes or Nutcakes. Add some French Lavender Honey for an extra-special touch. It’s great on the biscuits or in the tea!
- Luxury bath kit - choose a moisturizing French bath soap or two - we have so much to choose from, from White Gardenia to Sandalwood to Lemongrass - add a natural Sea Sponge or Hemp Wash Mitt for natural skin care, and round out the gift with a luxurious body lotion, such as Italian Olive Oil, Linden, or Lavender.
In reality, there's almost no end to the creative gift combinations you can pull together. Is she a gardener? How about some handmade, organic Gardener's Soap to go with the lavender hand cream? Does she enjoy yoga? How about a silky Lavender Eye Pillow and some Refresh Spritzer for her mat? Is she super-practical? She'd probably love some Large Lavender Sachets or a Lavender Drawer Liner to keep her clothing fresh and repel moths from her favorite sweaters. Of course, you can never go wrong with a French Lavender Bouquet - fragrant, long-lasting flowers straight from the field in Provence. Need more help? We are happy to make suggestions - just call us at 617-564-1192 or send us an email.
And if your Mom is far away, we've got you covered. We ship! Her gift will be beautifully wrapped in colored tissue, with a handwritten notecard and a sprig of lavender enclosed. She will be delighted.
Last but not least, it's just not Mother's Day for me without expressing my love and gratitude to my most wonderful mother, Pat, who lives every day in my memory, and to my amazing stepmother Sharon, whom my mother rightly declared “a gem.” And best wishes for a very happy Mother's Day to all of you!